Saturday, October 4, 2008

Day 36: THE RED LIGHT DISTRICT

(...in my room)



In case you were wondering what my living quarters in London looked like (you were? Wow, great!) here's a glimpse:

My room in the flat has been nicknamed the Red Light District. Try to guess why from these photos:


Psst...it's because of the red light.

My roommate Brad brought the Red Light to give our room more personality. It's worth noting here that Brad is a vampire.



However, Brad did build a really cool fort.


An ominous glow emanates from the Red Light District.

Exciting kitchen photos:



What the hell is that white glow? I don't know how to take photos.


You can't see it here, but just behind that washer is our dryer.
*

My Empty Room*: A Photo Story

I moved out of my room the day I returned from Amsterdam. It was too much of a hell hole. Instead, I've spent the past week sleeping on our couch in the living room. It wasn't awkward or anything for the rest of the house.


Yes, mom/dad there's the Florida Gator pillow from our living room. It's been here all along, and no I'm not returning it.

Suddenly, after a week on the couch, I became enlightened (like that one dude on the couch in Half-Baked.) And with my new magical powers I cleaned my room with the snap of my fingers.*

Before:

Not gonna lie. The floor was like that for a week.

*POOF*

After:

Crap, forgot the iron.

Before:

Seriously, how did this room get so messy?

*BAM*

After:

And how did it get so damn clean?

Before:

Now, that's just embarrassing.

Abra

Kadabra

*Kazaam*

After:

Ta-da. A made bed complete with a book by Stephen Ambrose.

Award-winning photo story? Dur.

--
Foot notes

*Gotcha. If you've been reading my blog all along, you'd know the Brits don't use dryers. Anyway...how 'bout that spotless kitchen? Didn'tWillandSarah do a magnificent job cleaning it? Let's give them a hand

*My Empty Room was, of course, a reference to the 14th track off Queensrÿche's seminal album "Operation: Mindcrime." Who caught that homage? I know one person did. Anyway, it's my least favorite song on the album. Instead listen to the catchy "I Don't Believe in Love" or the epic closer "Eyes of a Stranger."

*The magical powers is my version of the story. My roommates might tell you a different version. But whatever they say is untrue. It was magic.

4 comments:

Matt Levin said...

Sorry, I have no idea what's up this case of the incredible shrinking font here. All I know is I'm really starting to hate blog spot.

Anyone out there no what the hell is going on? Sure does make this post suck.

dave said...

this is one of the funniest blog posts, possibly of all time.

i love you.

dave

Anonymous said...

This is awesome. The pictures of your room are hilarious, and it really does look red!
Congrats to Will & Sarah on a job well done in cleaning the kitchen, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Your room looks just like your bedroom at home, minus the red light. I'm not at all surprised. I hope you didn't have to leave a deposit.