Monday, August 25, 2008

A (not-so-thrilling) introduction

I’m creating a blog because I have to.

My name is Matt Levin. I’m a senior journalism student at Syracuse University. Right now, I’m studying abroad in London. Previously, I’ve held paid internships at two Top 100 newspapers. Looking ahead, in May, I’ll be graduating, and searching for a print journalism job. I might not find one.

Unless I embrace the Internet. I figure a blog is not bad place to start. And London—not a bad place to start a blog.


Credit: Some dude / A free photo of London I found online. It's pretty cool.

I feel privileged to be in London. I want this blog to appeal to a wide audience (college students, world travelers, fans of metal, etc.) It’s my first visit to a foreign country. I’m anxious to immerse myself in another culture. And write about it. Want to know the overrated tourist traps in London? Want to know whether Englanders prefer Obama or McCain? Want to know what’s the best beer in the U.K.? I hope to post blogs on all these topics. And if anyone has any suggestions on other topics (or they can tell me where to find the best pub in London), e-mail me at mrlevin1@gmail.com

Actually, looking back at what I’ve written above, I’ll admit: This sounds fun. I’m creating a blog because I want to.

I just hope someone notices (…and posts comments).

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

- Levin -

You need to slowly incorporate bomb ass British slang into your posts, because as you can see by my use of 'bomb ass'... I don't even have a handle on American lingo.

I am an island. And so is Great Britain. So, naturally, we are fond of one another.

Keep it coming!

:)

-Kayla Renaud

Anonymous said...

Definitely looking forward to reading everything that goes on, what you see, what you hear, and your thoughts on it all.

-Austin Barimo